University degree in technical writing, communications, English, engineering, or a technical field
Are you a driven and creative team player who loves a challenge? Do you want to make your mark on the international stage with a thriving, Quebec-based SME? D-BOX is for you!
Recognized as a leader in motion technology, we are passionate about entertainment and creating uniquely realistic and immersive experiences. We have a fun, innovative team culture and encourage our employees to surpass themselves while enabling them to thrive with their family and friends. This position is perfect for an enthusiastic, resourceful person who relishes a wide variety of tasks.
As a technical writer, you will be responsible for all technical documentation for D-BOX hardware and software products. You will work closely with the product manager, product owner, Engineering and the Technical Support team to provide our users and partners with the documentation they need to properly integrate or use the various D-BOX products. You will learn how to install, configure and operate D-BOX products in order to create clear documentation for users. You will write in professional-level English and implement the best technical writing methods so as to facilitate the work of our developers and all internal teams.
- Implement a formal technical document management structure to ensure information collection, distribution to customers/partners and ongoing updating of documents
- Draft, update and revise technical documents (e.g. user guides, installation guides and data sheets)
- Define documentation requirements, plan projects and establish production schedules
- Collaborate with the product manager, product owner, and Engineering to gather the information needed to produce new documents and update existing technical documents
- Write release notes announcing changes to our software and contribute to the coordination, publication and communication of release notes to our customers and partners
- Collaborate with the Engineering team to write the various user interface texts
- University degree in technical writing, communications, English, engineering, or a technical field
- Five years of experience in a technical writing and/or technical training role
- Knowledge of best practices and methodologies in documentation
- Excellent writing, editing and communication skills in English and French
- Ability to organize and structure information
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently
- Sense of initiative
- An energetic team working to entertain the world
- A flexible work schedule, because our people matter to us
- An opportunity to innovate, grow and make a significant impact
- A comprehensive insurance plan (including telemedicine service)
- A salary that’s commensurate with your talent
- And much more!
D-BOX is committed to making our team a better reflection of society and values diversity of all forms. We encourage applications from women, from those who identify as Indigenous, as a Person of Colour, as a member of the LGBTQ2S+ community, as a person with a disability and from other cultural, racial or ethnic minorities.