C++ /SDK software designer
and videogame integration
Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, computer science or equivalent
Forge your career in the world of motion!
With a focus on agility, excellence and creativity, people are at the heart of the D-BOX experience. D-BOX, a Quebec-based SME with a global presence, is recognized as a leader in motion technology. We work every day to create immersive experiences whose realism breaks boundaries. Motivated by challenges and collaborative work? D-BOX has a place for you!
We are looking for a C++ SDK Software Designer who will design, develop and maintain the software that allows the integration of our technology into video games. This role will rapidly accrue new responsibilities to ensure that the product line moves in the right direction. This is a great opportunity for anyone looking for a big playground and the power to make a big impact.
- Be a major contributor to the collaborative development of designs
- Design, develop, test, debug and support software designed to integrate D-BOX into video games (SDK, Plug-ins)
- Share knowledge with colleagues to grow together;
- Help projects run smoothly.
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering, computer science or equivalent education
- At least three (3) years of professional experience in C++ development in a video game environment
- Good knowledge of modern C++ (11 and above)
- Very familiar with the fundamental concepts of OO software development
- Experience with video game engines, at least generally as a user
- Experience with various serialization and communication stacks and libraries (e.g. IP, JSON, Protobuf, gRPC, etc.)
- A great team player
- Focused on achieving objectives and delivering quality results
- Hungry for learning and keeping up-to-date
- Proactive, autonomous, and professional, with a sense of humour
- Motivated to work in a team in a dynamic environment
- Fluent in French and English, both spoken and written
- Preferred – Knowledge of Audiokinetic Wwise, Unreal Engine, Unity Game Engine
- An energetic team working to entertain the world
- Flexible working hours with the possibility of telework
- A comprehensive insurance plan (including telemedicine service)
- Personal days
- Bonus program
- An annual fitness credit ($225)
- A salary that’s commensurate with your talent
- Happy hour get-togethers, themed dinners, various activities
- Viewing room
- Free coffee and tea
- Training support program
- And much more!
D-BOX is committed to making our team a better reflection of society and values diversity of all forms. We encourage applications from women, from those who identify as Indigenous, as a Person of Colour, as a member of the LGBTQ2S+ community, as a person with a disability and from other cultural, racial or ethnic minorities.
C++ /SDK software designer and videogame integration