1. Application and Scope
By accessing, visiting or using our website located at
This Policy generally applies to any personal information (as defined below in the section entitled Type of Personal Information We Collect About You) collected or generated by D-BOX and its affiliates, from or about its customers and other individuals with whom it deals, which may include potential customers, users of D-BOX products and services and/or any other additional person named on an account, in any form. At any time that you do business with D-BOX, participate in a contest or promotion run by D-BOX, or interact with us in any manner, you are protected by the rights and safeguards contained in this Policy and you explicitly agree to its terms.
This Policy does not extend to websites operated or services offered by third parties. D-BOX is therefore not liable for their privacy policies, procedures and practices.
Our Services are not directed to children under the age of 16, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16 without obtaining parental consent. If you are under 16 years of age, then please do not use or access the website or otherwise use our Services at any time or in any manner. If we learn that personal information has been collected by D-BOX from persons under 16 years of age and without verifiable parental consent, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under 16 years of age has provided personal information, then you may alert us as set forth in the Contact Us section and request that we delete that child’s personal information from our systems.
2. Type of Personal Information We Collect About You
We collect personal information directly from you and from third parties, as well as automatically through your use of our Services.
When used in this Policy, and consistent with Canadian privacy laws and the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), personal information means “any information about an identified or identifiable individual”.
Information We Collect Directly From You.
We collect information about you that you provide us voluntarily, depending how you use our Services. This may include, for example, your name, contact information, email address, information provided in employment applications and resumes, information relating to your account with us, including your identity and the products you are interested in or ordered, as well as credit and banking information, billing records and any complaints documented in a file. When you contact our customer service center, we will collect your name, contact information, such as your email address and phone number, and your reasons for contacting us.
Information We Collect from Third Parties.
We collect information about you such as your email address, name, comments regarding our services from third parties, such as social media platform on which we maintain a corporate page (Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram).
Information We Collect Automatically.
We automatically collect technical information about you such as your IP addresses, language of preference, browsing history and browser type and version. Personal information that is aggregated and cannot be associated with an identifiable individual is not considered to be personal information.
3. Using Your Personal Information
We generally use your personal information to provide our Services, for our own internal purposes as well as for marketing and advertising purposes, although in this last case, subject to your right to withdraw consent provided by this Policy and further explained in the section Your Rights, below. We may also anonymize and/or aggregate personal information so that it no longer identifies you, and use it for any legal purpose.
If you respond to an advertisement or notice of job opportunity, your consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information provided by you or by your references is implied for the purposes of evaluating your suitability for the job. When you submit a resume for employment, you are consenting to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with and for the purposes stated in this Policy as well as other specific policies.
More specifically, D-BOX may use your personal information for the following purposes:
• to provide our Services to you, to communicate with you about your use of our Services, to respond to your inquiries, to fulfill your orders, and for other customer service purposes;
• to tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you. For example, we may customize the language of our Services;
• to evaluate the suitability of a potential employee for a job opportunity;
• for marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we may use your information, such as your email address, to send you news and newsletters, special offers, surveys and promotions or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you. We may also use the information that we learn about you to assist us in advertising our Services on third party websites. For example, we may customize advertisements displayed on social media webpages based on the pages you viewed on our website;
• to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the website, and to develop new products, services, feature, and functionality;
• to administer surveys and questionnaires;
• to comply with applicable legal or regulatory obligations, including reporting obligations and as part of a judicial proceeding; to respond to a subpoena, warrant, court order, or other legal process; or as part of an investigation or request, whether formal or informal, from law enforcement or a governmental authority; and
• to protect the safety, rights, property, or security of D-BOX, our Services, any third party or the general public; to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; to prevent or stop activity that D-BOX, in its sole discretion, may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, an illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity; to use as evidence in litigation; to conduct audits and to enforce this Policy and our Terms of Service.
Please note that D-BOX does not rent, sell, or otherwise provide your personal information to any third parties or corporate affiliates for purposes of allowing them to engage in direct marketing to you on behalf of anyone other than D-BOX.
4. Sharing Your Personal Information
We may share your personal information with our service providers and other third parties for the purposes detailed in this Policy.
D-BOX may share your personal information as follows:
• Affiliates. We may share the information we collect about you to our affiliates or subsidiaries for the purposes described in this Policy; however, if we do so, their use and disclosure of your personal information will be subject to this Policy.
• Service Providers. We may share the information we collect about you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors, processors or agents who provide services on our behalf such as online survey providers, hosting services, email processing services, etc.
• Business Transfers. If we are or may be acquired by or merged with another company, if any of our assets are transferred to another company or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected about you to the other company.
• In Response to Legal Processes. We may also disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, a court order, or another legal process, such as in response to a subpoena.
• To Protect Us and Others. We may also disclose the information we collect from you where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service, another agreement we have with you or this Policy, or as evidence in litigation involving D-BOX.
• Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
Cookies and tracking mechanisms we use. When you visit our website, we may collect, using electronic means such as cookies, technical information.
This information may include information about your visit to our website, including the IP address of your computer and which browser you used to view our website, your operating system, resolution of screen, location, language settings in browsers, the site you came from, keywords searched (if arriving from a search engine), the number of page views, information you entered, advertisements you have seen, etc. This data is used to measure and improve the effectiveness of our website or enhance the experience for our customers. For instance, it may be used to ensure that the products advertised on our website are available in your area or that we are not showing you the same ads repeatedly. We treat this information as personal information when it is associated with your account or contact information. For instance, we may collect and use the following type of information when you visit and/or interact with us on our websites:
• Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics which allows us to see information on user website activities including, but not limited to, page views, source and time spent on our website. This information is depersonalized and is displayed as numbers, meaning that it cannot be tracked back to individuals. You may opt-out of our use of Google Analytics by visiting the Google Analytics opt-out page.
• Google AdWords: We use Google AdWords Remarketing to advertise D-BOX across the Internet and to advertise on third party websites (including Google) to previous visitors to our websites. AdWords remarketing will display ads to you based on what parts of the D-BOX website you have viewed by placing a cookie on your web browser. It could mean that we advertise to previous visitors who haven’t completed a task on our site or this could be in the form of an advertisement on the Google search results page, or a site in the Google Display Network. This cookie does not in any way identify you or give access to your computer or mobile device. The cookie is only used to indicate to other websites that you have visited a particular page on our website, so that they may show you ads relating to that page. If you do not wish to participate in our Google AdWords Remarketing, you can opt out by visiting Google’s Ads Preferences Manager.
• Social media. This information will be collected primarily from you as information voluntarily provided to us through our Website or social media channels but we may also collect it from you where we communicate with you by telephone, post, email or other means of communication. We may also collect personal information about you from your use of other Hunter websites, and the social media networks (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) you participate in (“Social Media Channels”). Where lawful to do so we may also obtain it (or combine it with information from) public sources, third party service providers, individuals who have indicated you have agreed for them to provide your personal information, government, tax or law enforcement agencies and other third parties. We may supplement the information we collect about you directly with the information we receive from third parties in order to enhance our ability to serve you, to tailor our content to you and send you details of promotions and/or offers which we believe may be of interest to you.
Your Choice with Cookies.
6. Third-Party Links
This Policy only addresses the use and disclosure of information by D-BOX. Other websites that may be accessible through our website have their own privacy policies and data collection, use and disclosure practices. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the privacy statements provided by all third parties prior to providing them with information or taking advantage of an offer or promotion.
7. Retention of Your Personal Information
We store your personal information for only as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, except where otherwise required or permitted by law. Once no longer required, your personal information will be securely destroyed or anonymized (so the information no longer identifies you).
Please note that if your personal information is collected by a third party, it will be retained in accordance with the privacy policies and records retention requirements of that third party.
8. Security of Your Personal Information
We have implemented security safeguards to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. These safeguards include physical, administrative and electronic technological security measures that are reasonable given the sensitivity of the personal information collected, the amount, distribution and format of the personal information, and the methods of storage. For example, we use industry-standard encryption technology to secure sensitive personal information when it is being collected and transmitted over the Internet as well as firewalls, site monitoring and intrusion detection software.
9. Your Rights
D-BOX complies with your right to withdraw your consent and to access and correct your personal information. If you are located in the European Union, please review the Additional Information for EU Data Subjects section below regarding the additional rights available to you.
a. Withdrawing your consent
You may withdraw your consent to our collection, use, disclosure and other processing activities related to your personal information, subject to legal and contractual restrictions. If you withdraw your consent to the processing of personal information for purposes that are necessary to provide our Services, D-BOX may limit the Services it is able to provide to you.
b. Accessing and correcting your personal information
You may access and correct your personal information that you have submitted to us by contacting our Privacy Officer at email@example.com. D-BOX complies with applicable law regarding access and correction.
10. Additional Information for EU Data Subjects
D-BOX complies with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). We process your information on the basis authorized under the GDPR and comply with your data subject rights.
Legal Basis for Processing Your Personal Information. We process your personal information on the following legal basis:
• You consented to our processing of your personal information (for example, when you consent to receiving promotional messages). You may withdraw your consent to the use of your personal information for promotional purposes at any time, in accordance with your right to withdraw consent, further explained in the section Your Rights, below;
• Our processing of your personal information is in our legitimate interest or in the legitimate interest of one of our business partners (for example in order to improve one of our products); you have a right to object to such processing as explained in the section below entitled Your Rights;
• Our processing of your personal information is necessary to perform a contract or take steps to enter into a contract with you (for example where we process your payment information when you purchase our products or services); and/or
• Our processing of your personal information is necessary to comply with a relevant legal or regulatory obligation that we have (for example, if we are required to disclose personal information to a court or tax authority).
Your Rights. Subject to certain conditions and in some cases dependent upon the processing activity we are undertaking, you have certain rights in relation to your personal information.
• Right to delete your personal information: You have the right to request that we delete your personal information. Note however that in certain situations, we are not required to comply with your request to delete personal information if the processing of your personal information is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation or for the establishment, exercise, or defence of legal claims.
• Right to restrict the processing of your personal information: You have the right to restrict the processing of your personal information in the following circumstances: (i) you contest the accuracy of the personal information; (ii) you consider that the processing is unlawful; (iii) the purposes for processing your personal information no longer exist, but you require the personal information for the establishment, exercise, or defence of legal claims; or (iv) you have legitimately objected to the processing of your personal information and the processing is therefore restricted pending the verification of whether our legitimate grounds override your objection. Note however that we can continue to process your personal information following a request for restriction if we have your consent to establish, exercise or defend legal claims, or to protect the rights of another natural or legal person.
• Right to data portability: To the extent that we process your personal information (i) based on your consent or under a contract and (ii) through automated means, you have the right to receive such personal information in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format, or you can ask to have it transferred directly to another organization.
• Right to object to the processing of your personal information: You can object to any processing of your personal information which is based on our legitimate interests or on the legitimate interests of our business partners if you believe your fundamental rights and freedoms outweigh such legitimate interests. If you raise an objection, we have an opportunity to demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate interests that override your rights and freedoms.
• Right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority: You have a right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority if you have concerns about how we are processing your personal information.
We ask that you please attempt to resolve any issues with us first, although you have a right to contact your supervisory authority at any time.
11. Personal Information Outside of Canada and the European Economic Area
D-BOX maintains servers and systems in Canada, hosted by D-BOX or third party service providers. We also may subcontract the processing of your personal information to, or otherwise share your personal information with, other third parties in countries where we have operations, which may be outside of your country of residence, and therefore may be available to government authorities under lawful orders and laws applicable there. Where the personal information that we collect is transferred to and processed anywhere else outside of Canada and the European Economic Area (EEA) for the purposes described above, we will strive to ensure that the information receives an adequate level of protection, including by entering into data transfer agreements requiring that those third parties adhere to confidentiality and security procedures and protections that are, at a minimum, equivalent to those required under applicable law.
12. Contact Us
If you have questions, concerns or complaints regarding this Policy or the personal information that D-BOX has about you, please contact:
D-BOX Privacy Officer
2172 de la Province
J4G 1R7 Canada
13. Changes to this Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically.
We will post any changes to this Policy on our Services and on the D-BOX website at